The Cat seal of approval

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Life is a Circus with endless Monkeys

I'll try to be brief here--its summer and we all have lots to do. I primarily feed all the birds flying in my community...feed my two betta fish, two goldfish, two cats, one husband, grow plants and squeeze in a little knitting.

WIP
Its been so long since I posted that I do not remember if I mentioned that I'm knitting my first sweater in 20 odd years. I'm too lazy busy to read my last post but my sweater is coming along fabulously, and I re-learned one thing. Knitting a lap full of 100% wool in steamy July is not a good idea, but come November, I will be very happy indeed.



Lazy Knitting Girl techniques I've learned:

Why do things the correct way when you can take a shortcut?

SSK: Slip, slip, knit

Old wayWork to the place where the decrease is to be made. Slip the next 2 stitches, one at a time as if to knit, to the right needle.Insert the left needle into the fronts of these two stitches and knit them together. One stitch is decreased. This decrease slants to the left.

Lazy Girl way: slip 1 stitch to the right needle. Knit into second stitch. Pass first stitch over the knitted stitch....done....try it...looks the same


P2tbl Purl 2 through the back loop

Old wayInsert right hand needle into the next two stitches on the left hand needle through the back loops (the loops farthest from you); wrap yarn around needle in the same way you normally would to purl and purl the two stitches together. (while maintaining your sanity) <---my addition

Lazy Girl way: Purl one stitch. With yarn in front move the stitch back to the left needle. Pass the next unworked stitch over the purled stitch and drop it. Move the completed stitch back to the right needle. My WIP stole is full of p2tbls!
I didn't learn this on my own but you can read about it (and see the instructional photos) from knitting designer Asa Tricosa and the beyond brilliant Barbara Walker.

That's the knitting news. Personal news: I'm having a few medical tests and possible surgery soon but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.***

We had a HUGE neighborhood disagreement with people getting angry and sending terse emails to everyone in the two block perimeter where I live. For once I was not involved, and I stayed uninvolved because I learned a new mantra.


See you next time..in the Yarn Cave


nance  xx

***Update 7/12/14  We just got to that bridge....test results are back and I need double surgery as soon as they can schedule two Surgeons at the same time. Gastroenterologist for esophagus repair and Surgeon for displaced gallbladder.
Fun times, people...fun times....






1 comment:

  1. Hope you have successfully crossed that bridge and that the path on the other side is smooth !

    ReplyDelete